The above image corresponds to Neom, the new futuristic city which promises to break all the world records. It has not been officially announced but appears in the Wall Street Journal. From reports, the city would start with an initial investment of 500,000 million dollars. And it would have elements extracted from the craziest dreams we have ever imagined.
There is a talk of flying taxis, a park of robot dinosaurs, artificial rain and even a moon that would shine every night to illuminate the city.
Most Ambitious and Extravagant Megaproject
This megaproject is born from the mind of Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, who seeks to take Saudi Arabia to a new. In fact, Neom is an open secret, where the prince itself mentioned it as “a place for the dreamers of the world“.
According to WSJ, Neom has started its construction in the Saudi desert. It is said that it would have an area of approximately 28,000 square kilometers and integrate a wide variety of futuristic technologies.
Neom City Technologies
- Flying taxis, as it is mentioned that driving will be done only for pleasure and not for necessity.
- A giant artificial moon that would illuminate the city every night.
- Cloud seeding technology, whose objective would be to create artificial rains to try to moderate the high temperatures of the region.
- Advanced surveillance system , which would have cameras equipped with artificial intelligence and facial recognition, drones. And even microphones installed in every corner of the city. This with the objective of “guaranteeing the safety of the inhabitants”.
- Genetic engineering , which would be in charge of SoftBank to develop an ambitious project that is defined as “a new way of life from birth to death, reaching. It reaches genetic mutations to increase human strength and IQ.”
- Robots, and that could not be missing in a city of this type. It is said that there would be more robots than inhabitants, house robots, an amusement park with robotic dinosaurs.
- Holographic teachers, who would be in schools ready to teach at any time. In fact, it is said that Neom would have the “leading education system on the planet.”
- Gastronomic offer , which seeks to have the “highest rate of Michelin-starred restaurants per capita” of all cities in the world.
Nadhmi al Nasr, CEO of the Neom Project, mentioned Neom is part of Bin Salman’s ‘ Vision 2030 ‘ plan. It includes Qiddiya, a new economy, and openness in order to attract the “greatest minds in the world and the best talents“. On the other hand, there are still many doubts regarding the viability of the plan. Since in the first place, there are possible financing problems, and secondly, technological limitations.
In spite of everything, Neom has already started its development with the construction of an airport and a palace. So far there is no estimated date for the possible opening of a first stage. In fact, there is information that suggests that both the planning and development of the city are being financed with money borrowed from abroad. But it still not confirm the start of the project, all this remains in the field of rumors.